Tuesday, June 18th, 2013 |
Tips & Facts >
Tips for using SNIFFLE BUDDIES®
(1) Use Sniffle Buddies during playtime.
(2) NEVER blow your nose into Sniffle Buddies, sniffles only please!
(3) Use Sniffle Buddies in conjunction with proper tissue use and hand washing.
(4) Change Sniffle Buddies often, but remember not to handle it by the soiled surface.
(5) Detach soiled Sniffle Buddies from toddler's wrists after playtime, handling by the velcro closures only.
(6) For used bands, invert the direction of the loop and reseal velcro closures - housing the used surface on the inside.
(7) Transport used Sniffle Buddies to the wash with the loop inverted. Flip right-side out before washing.
(8) Wash Sniffle Buddies in warm water and dry on medium heat.
(9) Stock up on Sniffle Buddies so you'll always have a clean one to offer for playtime.
(10) Remind children, and adults, that germs are NOT for sharing so please "Don't touch my Sniffle Buddies"!
Statistics on Distracted Driving:
Statistics for distracted driving - Are you ever distracted trying to tend a little one's nose or do you search for tissues for yourself while driving? Visit the US Dept. of Transportation or your local DMV site for stats & consider Sniffle Buddies for the road!
The importance of Frequent HAND WASHING:
Study: Keeping hands away face will reduce spread of germs - KSL-TV NBC (Adults touch their face 16 times in an hour!)
Clean Hands Help Prevent the Flu - by CDC StreaingHealth
Hand Washing PSA - Virginia Department of Health
UNICEF: The Wiggles say "Wash Your Hands!"- UNICEF (fun for kids)
UNICEF: The Wiggles support Global Handwashing Day - UNICEF (for older children & adults)
The Story behind the Sleeve - Student video from a Health Communication Class - Johns Hopkins School of Public Health. (Is the tissue really sanitary if we're not washing after every wipe? Use them, don't reuse them, and be sure to wash.)
CDC Hand Washing Tips - www.cdc.gov - article
Put Your Hand Together- by CDC StreamingHealth - (Scientists say 80% of infections are transmitted by the hands.)
Information about BAMBOO:
Bamboo Fabric Soak Test - bamboo vs. cotton in soak test
Eco-Friendly Textiles- instructional video explaining Eco-friendly options in textiles
Press "play" above to see a MomsTown Minute interview.
Sniffle Buddies® - Copyright 2013
H.A.P.P.Y. Simple Solutions - P.O. Box 8414 - La Crescenta, CA 91224